In this episode, I respond to a viral video made by Skye Jethani and Phil Vischer, arguing that Pro-life Christians should not see Roe v. Wade as relevant in their voting.
1. No, Christians are not turning a blind eye to “un-Christian policies” because of Roe v. Wade.
2. Of course Republican presidents don’t reduce the number of abortions; Roe v. Wade prevents that from happening.
3. We all know that overturning Roe v. Wade wouldn’t end abortion in America, but it’s nonetheless a very important step.
4. It’s wrong to think Roe v. Wade will never be overturned, because:
a) Republicans are about 50/50 on appointing originalist, pro-life judges.
b) The Federalist Society is a better indicator of originalist jurisprudence than the party of the appointing president.
c) John Roberts doesn’t believe precedent should never be overturned
d) Roe v. Wade was almost overturned in 1992.
5. ON THIS DAY IN 1987, Joe Biden ensured Roe v. Wade would last for three more decades.